247drive is committed to making its website usable by the widest possible audience, regardless of ability or technology. Our efforts are ongoing and we continuously work with our website developer to implement improvements in order to meet accessibility guidelines. If you do encounter an accessibility issue, please specify the page and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible.
Below you can find tips on how to zoom in on your screen, change fonts/colors, and use a screen reader, as well as accessibility tools for mobile phones.
How to zoom in your screen:
Some people like to zoom into the screen or web browser in order to see things better. Here are a few ways of doing it depending on your setup:
- On Windows, press the Windows key and plus sign (+) at the same time to zoom in. You can also use the “Magnifier” application under “Accessories.”
- On Mac, go to the website with the official documentation with all the steps to follow.
- On your Apple device, tap “Settings,” then “General,” then “Accessibility.” Tap the “Zoom” button and toggle it “On.”
How to change the colors or fonts on the page:
Some people like to change colors or fonts to see words more clearly. Most major web browsers have options to do this:
- In Internet Explorer, go to “Tools”, then “Internet Options”, on to “General”. From here, select “Colors, Fonts, or Accessibility”.
- In Mozilla Firefox, choose “Options”, then “Content”, then finally “Fonts & Colors”.
- In Safari, select “Settings”, “Websites” tab, and then on the left select “Page zoom” and change the zoom level for the desired site.
- In Chrome, go to “Preferences”, activate the “Show advanced settings” link, go to the “Web content” heading and change the “Font size”, “Customize fonts” in other ways, or set default “Page zoom”.
We recommend a mixture of settings like enlarging font size and zooming into the browser for a better experience.
How to find and use a screen reader:
Screen readers are text-to-speech software that allow people to read and interact with content in different ways. Many people who cannot perceive what is on the screen will use them to allow audible access to web content.
There are free options available including NVDA for Windows and VoiceOver for Mac. What we recommend is JAWS for Windows. You can use this with your favorite web browser.
- To download NVDA, visit the NV Access website.
- To download JAWS, visit the Freedom Scientific website.
Screen readers accept input in a variety of ways, but one of the most common forms is through your keyboard. By pressing the down arrow in JAWS, for example, you are able navigate through items on the page. JAWS will also accept Braille input.
How to use accessibility tools on mobile phones:
There are a lot of great features right on your smart phone. iOS and Android alike provide many tools to help you access what you love. Let’s have a look at a few of those tools.
VoiceOver for iOS and TalkBack for Android are the screen readers that come built-in.
To turn on VoiceOver, go to “Settings”, then “General”, to “Accessibility”, and then turn “VoiceOver” on.
You can set the “Accessibility Shortcut” to “VoiceOver” from the “Accessibility” page in order to triple-click the “Home” button to toggle VoiceOver on and off. TalkBack has a similar feature.
“Zoom”, “Magnifier”, “Invert Colors”, “Color Filters”, and “Reduce White Point” are other features and tools on iOS that you can use. These are also available through the “Accessibility Shortcut”.
247drive’s website contains links to external websites. 247drive does not control, maintain, or regulate the external websites and is not responsible for the content of those external websites. Access to and use of these external websites is voluntary, and reliance upon information presented on those websites should only be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy. 247drive does not endorse, recommend or favor any product, service, or process referenced on these external websites.
External website links present on 247drive’s website may take you to websites created and maintained by both public and private organizations. These external website links are intended for informational purposes to provide useful and valuable information to users of 247drive’s website. 247drive does not endorse or recommend any product or service offered or referenced on the linked external website, the organizations sponsoring said external website, or any views that might be expressed or referenced in the external website. 247drive reserves the right to remove or replace any external website link on its website at any time and without prior notice.